The entry requirements, application procedure, concept note, transcript, admission screening, deadline, available graduate courses are all covered in this post with other important information every intending applicant should know.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes in the University of Calabar, Nigeria for the 2021/2022 Academic Sessions leading to the award of PGD, Masters and Ph.D degrees.
1. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates are required to have a CGPA of 1.25/5 minimum for PGD, 2.5/4 or 3.0/5 for Masters and 3.0/4 or 3.5/5 for Ph.D Programmes. UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates with Master’s from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D, programme provided the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Postgraduate School
Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD.
2. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested candidates are to first log on to our website: www.unicalonline.edu.ng or click here to access and download the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦25,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Postgraduate School application form 2021/2022 academic session.
A printout with a unique PIN will be issued at the bank.
Candidates will then enter their unique PIN and their mobile phone numbers on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions to access the form.
Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted.
YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening. Pounds to Naira
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
- Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase Postgraduate School application form for 2021/2022 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦25,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- Go online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
3. CONCEPT NOTE
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following: Jamb Result
- – Statement of the problem
- – Relevance of study to self and society
- – Aim(s) of the study
- – Justification
- – Methodology
- – Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Postgraduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
5. ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE
Admission Screening Day
All candidates are also expected to take part in the admission screening exercise which takes place as stated above
The screening test will be a Computer Based Test as follows:
- Part A – Computer based test involving (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
- Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates. Dollar to Naira
- There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
- Mock examination for Computer fluency as stated above.
7. AVAILABLE GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the under-listed Departments.
For details of each programme and specific requirements, click to visit www.unicalonlne.edu.ng/programmes-and-degrees
- Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Animal Science; Crop Science; Forestry and Wildlife Resource Management; Soil Science, Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
Nursing Science, Public Health, Radiography and Radiological Sciences.
- Faculty of Arts
English and Literary Studies; History and International Studies; Linguistics and Nigerian Languages; Modern Languages and Translation Studies, Philosophy; Religious and Cultural Studies; Theatre and Media Studies.
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomical Sciences; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology.
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
Genetics & Biotechnology, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Plant and Ecological Studies, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology.
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
Community Medicine, Family medicine, Paediatrics, Haematology, Chemical pathology, Medical microbiology and parasitology, Histopathology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedic and trauma surgery, Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anaesthesiology, Radiology, Dentistry, Psychiatry and Surgery.
- Faculty of Arts And Social Science Education
Arts Education; Continuing Education and Development Studies; Environmental Education; Social Science Education; Library and Information Science.
- Faculty of Educational Foundations
Curriculum and Teaching; Educational Foundations; Educational Management (Admin & Planning); Guidance and Counselling; Special Education.
- Faculty of Educational Foundations
Curriculum and Teaching; Educational Foundations; Educational Management (Admin & Planning); Guidance and Counselling; Special Education. Npower Recruitment
- Faculty of Vocational And Science Education
Human Kinetics And Health Education; Science Education; Vocational Education.
- Faculty of Environmental Science
Environmental Resource Management;
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
Accounting, Banking and Finance; Business Management; Marketing, Public Administration.
- Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Parasitology & Entomology; Chemical Pathology; Haematology And Blood Transfusion Science; Histopathology And Cytology; Bacteriology, Virology And Mycology.
- Faculty of Oceanography
Biological Oceanography; Chemical Oceanography; Geological Oceanography and Physical Oceanography; Mariculture and Marine Fisheries Resources.
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
Computer Science; Geology; Mathematics; Physics; Pure and Applied Chemistry; Statistics.
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Economics; Political Science; Social Work; Sociology; Geography and Environmental Science.
- Institute of Education
PGD Education (PGDE), PGD Environmental Education (PGDEE), PGD Human Kinetics (PGDHK), PGD Special Education (PGDSE), PGD Library and Information (PGDLIS)
- Institute of Oceanography
PGD Fisheries and Aquaculture; PGD Coastal Zone Management; PGD Marine Ecology, Toxicology & Pollution Studies
- Institute of Public Policy and Administration
PGD Public Administration (PGDPA); PGD Peace Studies and Conflict Management (PGDPSCM); Policy and Administrative Studies (MPAS)
- National Water Resources Capacity Building Network Centre.
Admission / Available Programmes:
08037936924;08035529894; 08037341182; 08063840768/08038984976
Issues with Online Forms:
08183626190, 08064439182, 07064215158
E-Mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Also call the number on the last page of the Faculty publication for inquiry. All calls must be between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
SHARE TO 100 WHATSAPP CONTACTS AND GROUPS TO GET INSTANT CONNECTION REGISTER HERE NOW SHARE BELOW